A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto your computer when you access to certain websites. Cookies allow to a website to recognize the preferences expressed by a user during a previous browsing, when he returns to visit that site. A cookie itself neither contains nor collects any information.
However, when it is read from a server related to a web browser, it can help a web site to offer an easier access, for example, remembering the previous purchases or the details of an account. These informations might allow the identification of the visitor.
On this site are installed the following types of cookies:
The so called “technical Cookies” are those used for the only purpose to “carry out the transmission of a communication on an electronic communication network, or in the strictly necessary extent to the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or the user to provide such service.”
They are not used for further purposes and they are normally installed directly by the owner or the operator of the website.
They will be always used and sent, unless the user does not change the settings in his/her own browser (compromising thus the visualization of the site pages).
These cookies are of two categories, persistent and session:
– persistent cookies: once you close your browser they are not destroyed but they remain up to a pre-set expiry date
– session cookies: they are destroyed every time the browser is closed.
The family of technical cookies include:
– Browsing cookies or session cookies that guarantee the normal browsing and the use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or to authenticate themselves to access and customize the reserved areas).
– The analytic cookies, assimilated with technical cookies where they are used directly by the site operator to collect informations, in aggregate form, about the number of the users and about how they visit the same site.
– Functionality cookies: they allow to the user the browsing according to a selected set of criteria (for example, the language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service returned to the same.
they are saved on the computer of the user by third parties, such as social networks and the advertising agencies.
The Google Adwords remarketing, for example, saves some cookies that expire after a defined number of days and they serve to build segments of interests based on the pages visited by the user.
Cookies are stored in the memory of your browser and each one generally contains:
– The name of the server from which the cookie was sent
– The time, the date of the request and the expiry date of the cookie
– The IP address
– The type of the operating system, the used browser, the screen resolution and other technical informations
– A value, usually a unique number generated randomly from the computer
The website server that transfers the cookie uses this number to recognize you when you return to visit a site or to browse from one page to another. Only the server that installs the cookie can read such data.
These data are anonymous and they are processed and stored only for statistical purposes.
Most of web browsers accept cookies. You still have the option to reject cookies by changing your browser settings.
Doing this you might lose some functionalities of this website.
Here below we list the types of cookies that we use on our site and why they are used:
technical cookies: they are used automatically to provide services such as, for example but not completed, the answer to written comments, the sending of requests for assistance or for informations, the language choice, the session.
analytic cookies: These cookies are used to measure and analyze how the visitors use our website. We use these informations to improve your experience on our site.
To disable, remove or block cookies it is possible to resort to the browser settings, according to their indications: